Monday, April 11, 2011

First Trimester Review

One word.  Ouch.

My first trimester was far from a good time.  I really struggled with fatigue and morning sickness 24/7. I'm not sure if it's worse to feel incredibly hungover at all times (how I felt) or to actually get sick.  Surely both are terrible.

But when we went to our first ultrasound, it made all of the pain worth it.  That little body, small arms and legs and a beating heart.  Wow.  I felt such a strong connection already. So I fought through it all, with help from Matt, poor guy.  And am now well on my way into my second trimester!

Just some picture background as to how I told Matt the HUGE news!...

I found out on a Tuesday and unfortunately, Matt was traveling until Thursday.  Great timing on our part!

So I planned a really nice surprise for Matt as he walked into the door...



And finally, the infamous baby bump pictures!

8 weeks

10 weeks

12 weeks

I'm so happy that this second trimester is proving to be a better experience than the first.  And I feel so incredibly blessed to have such a loving husband and supportive family and friends by my side.  This baby is going to be spoiled!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Such a cute way to tell matt :) i didnt know you did that. glad you are feeling better!