Wednesday, October 29, 2008

It's Official!

Matt and I are engaged! It was the most perfect proposal I could have ever asked for. He put so much thought into everything and made the night truly romantic and personal. Let me give some details!

Like I said in my last post, Lauren and I were in Chesterfield practicing 'The Prayer' for Les's wedding and I got a call from Matt. He knew where I was and what I was doing and he NEVER checks up on me, so I thought something was out of place. I rushed out of there around 6:15 and headed over to the house (he closed yesterday morning). Well...I walked into a dark house filled with candelight. He had laid out some blankets (that he bought that day from C&B) and had Dewey's pizza ready to eat, it was amazing.


So he asked me to sit down on the blanket because he had a letter to share with me. I honestly thought that he was just being nice since it was our first night in the house together and I didn't think much of it. It had to be the nicest letter he ever wrote and the things he said to me...I will never forget. For being the most emotional person in the world, I'm surprised I didn't cry. But just writing this brings tears to my eyes.
Here we are after the proposal. Both not looking are best - it was a long day. No judging! :-)


After he read the letter (which I get to keep!) he got down on one knee, asked me to marry him and pulled out this...



It's the most beautiful ring I have ever seen. I know, everyone says that, but it's so different and fun. It's exactly what I would have picked and that's what I love about Matt. He's my best friend, he knows me so well, and he made the perfect choice!

We have a date! I know, it's so fast. But my mom and Matt have been scheming for weeks and knew when I wanted to get married. They have my church and reception site reserved and less than a year from now - on October 24th, 2009 - I will be a Telken. Wow, that feel so weird to say. But I can't wait!

Obviously I'll share more details when they come along. And I'm so tired right now from our night of celebrating last night. By the way, I woke up so hungover today that I gave myself a celebratory bagel at work (a no-no for my Cabo trip, but what the heck! I'm getting married!)

Thanks to everyone for the wonderful wishes. I can't wait to share more with you along the way.


xoxo,

Stevie

4 comments:

LC said...

AHHHHHHHHHHH! YAYYYYYYYYYYYY! So happy! This is so much fun! Can't wait to live vicariously through you :) Love you!

*K said...

Congratulations!
- the house looks great
- you two look adorable
- the ring is amazing

Enjoy your new engaged status, house and trip to Cabo!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I love it! That is a great proposal and your ring is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Amazing...my daughter getting married. The year will simply fly by!!!